5 Steps for a Safer Fall Season for Seniors
We love fall. The leaves turn to beautiful colors, the air is crisp and it’s the perfect excuse to eat homemade apple pie. We only wish it could stick around for just a little bit longer and not taunt us with the impending wet and cold weather. As the temperature cools, please make sure that your loved ones stay warm, safe and healthy. Here are five safety tips for the fall season:
- Check around the furnace before turning on the heat for the first time.
- If you walk outside, especially around dusk, dress in light-colored clothing to help drivers see you.
- Change batteries when you “fall back” for daylight savings time.
- Know your fire escape plan before the weather gets too cold.
- Use space heaters safely and set timers on them to ensure they are not left on.
Limited Time Fall Special
GrandCare is a technology designed to keep individuals safe, healthy, happy and connected at home. For less than $2 dollars per day, your family can have peace of mind that your loved one is safe at home. Participate in video chats, communications, reminders, scheduling, photo sharing and more. This fall, get your first month free. Just call us (262-338-6147) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org with code: GCFALL19
Mention this blog and get ONE MONTH FREE. Expires 11/30/19. Valid for new purchases only. Open to current & new customers. Volume Discounts Available. Call for Details.