Technology and Its Benefits to Helping Adult Children, Caregivers and Seniors Live Better Lives
We wanted to share another great blog article by Mark Phillips, Product Manager at GE Healthcare IT.
Can Technology Help Adult Children, Caregivers and Seniors Live Better Lives?
Every day the aging population is growing at a significant rate, and at the same time, technology is taking off at a remarkable pace. So why not combine the two to help adult children take care of their aging loved ones without sacrificing their independence? He has successfully addressed the key needs the Aging and Technology industry faces and has defined them as below:
- Support seniors in living their absolute best life where they want to live it!
- Keep families and caregivers connected, even across long distances
- Support and promote socialization
- Promote safety and peace of mind
- Assist with activities of daily living
- Help coordinate the myriad of care activities
- Enable easy interaction with community services and businesses
- Are easy to setup, intuitive, and easy to use
- Are affordable to acquire and to keep
Phillips goes on to describe the issues that caregivers and their aging loved ones face and then gives some viable techology solutions as a vehicle to provide better, individualized, and more efficient care. GrandCare is mentioned as a stand out solution “these guys are the blaze, the trail pioneers in the market…” GrandCare’s VP of Business Development, Laura Mitchell, is described by Mark as “a tireless champion for aging in place technology and who has delivered many blogs and webinars to help spread the word”.